Tampa Old City Hall was built in 1915 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Tampa city architect James Jackson, Fleishman & Garcia Architects, Restocon Corporation, and Walbridge worked to historically restore and renovate the Tampa Old City Hall. Work included comprehensive repair and renovation of historic terra cotta surfaces, repair and cleaning of historic brick surfaces, brick repair and repointing, window lintel repair, and various waterproofing repairs.
The eight-story building cost $235,000 when it was constructed in 1915. It included a four-story annex that was later demolished, according to documents filed with the Historic American Buildings Survey.
City Hall’s “layer-cake” design was created by architect M. Leo Elliot. Features include ornamental heads modeled on Seminole Indian women with braided hair.
Address: 315 E. Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33602